Hampta Pass, deriving its name from the village 'Hampta' in Kullu Valley connects the Kullu Valley to Lahaul Spiti Valley. This is one of the most delightful and picturesque treks in the Himalayas that is suitable for beginners and experienced alike as it provides different terrains enroute.
- Next Departure from Delhi on April2017. (For other dates send us an enquiry)
- Transportation to Delhi can be arranged on request at an extra cost.
- Age group of 15 and above only
- Minimum of 10 participants required for the tour
- Transportation [Deluxe Bus from Delhi to Manali back to Delhi]
- Accommodation in hotel at Manali on arrival. During the trek in tents on twin/triple sharing basis
- Simple vegetarian food will be provided during the trek [3 meals/day, 1 Tea/snacks]
- Cost mentioned is for Indian national only, for others, cost may vary as per local rules and regulations.
- Mules to carry luggage (15 kgs Per Person). If more, participant will be charged.
You will be met at the assigned point and travel by Deluxe bus from Delhi to Manali overnight
Arrival at Manali and check in to your hotel. Entire day at leisure. Overnight at hotel/dormitory in Manali
Trek from Manali (1950m) to Chhika (3000m). Travel by taxi for 3 kms to Prini Villiage which is the starting point of the trek. Visit the local temple for blessings and start the 3 hours trek to Hampta Village and Sethan Village. Finally another 45 minute walk through the alpine forest to reach the campsite at Panduropa. Overnight Camping.
Walk through the thick forest area to reach Chhika. Continue trial and cross the Hampta stream by bridge and after a short distance another wooden bridge and you will arrive at Chhika. This place provides some fantastic views of the rocky mountains. Spend some time at Chhika and continue trial for 2 hours to arrive at Jwara campsite.
Begin trek with a gradual climb to arrive at Balukaghera (3400m). This place is known for the bed of wild flowers, contrasting rocks and caves. A short trek of 1.5m trail take you to Hampta Pass (4268m). From Hampta Pass you will be presented with the panaromic view of Inderkila, DeoTibba and Indersan. Spend some time here and trek back to the campsite at Jwara.
Begin trek from Jwara and walk through the dense forest with beautiful Maple trees. Reach Manali and freshen up at the hotel. Spend rest of the day at leisure and overnight at hotel/dormitory in Manali
Check out of hotel and travel from Manali to Delhi for your onward journey
- 50% of the payment need to be made 45 days prior to the departure date.
- Cost does not include any personal expenses like drinks, tips etc
- Cost of any form of insurance, rescue, evacuation, hospitalization etc has to be borne by the participant.
- Any form of upgrade in accommodation at Manali can be done locally at an extra cost.
- Food during travelling from Delhi to Manali and back and during the stay at Manali is not included in the cost.
- No refunds will be made if the program gets cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of RackPack Holidays like strikes, natural calamities, weather conditions etc